Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hospital Cafe... where the food is cheap BUT the surroundings are not

 
If I want to go somewhere for a serene, peaceful feeling during the day, while my hubby is busy watching tv I head for High Street and visit the cafe there. Located in the local hospital it serves a series of Spinach and Tomato wraps that are unparalleled in price or taste. And a slice of homemade pie or cheesecake is only $1.49. Plus the scenery is gorgeous. You can look out at a beautiful setting of trees, flowers and shrubbery. They have a patio with a grill. And it's situated so you can block out the chaotic noise of traffic in the city. Of course I do not go there at lunch or dinner time. So perhaps visiting during the off hours is what makes it more tranquil in that particular spot.  The hallways inside are lined with paintings and sculptures making you think you stepped inside a fine museum.

FACE BOWL POTTERY

WATER PITCHER
 
IRRIDESCENT BOWL

ITALIAN GLASS
 
 
ROPE JAR
 
TWIG JAR
 
FACE VESSEL
 
TEAPOTS
 
 
BOTANICALS
 
 
WOOD CARVING 
 SPHERE WATER FOUNTAIN
 
 
me, I'm just happy being somewhere
to unwind and take a deep breath
without checking in to the hospital.
When I'm done eating
I'll have the valet bring me my car.
 

19 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

ha! who would have thought you could find good food and tranquility at a hospital! good for you!

Chatty Crone said...

I would never think of going to the hospital to eat - you are brave!

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

We belong to Senior Circle so get a good discount at our hospital cafeteria. They are only open two hours at each meal time but that's okay 'cause we just live down the street. They have recently hired a chef.

Jon said...

It sounds like the perfect getaway for a nice, inexpensive meal. Who needs a big fancy restaurant?
I like the sculptures!

I deleted my previous comment because of typos.

Forty Pound Sack said...

I thought I was the only one, LOL! Years ago I worked at the hospital restaurant, and I agree with everything you said. And on Sundays, when the offices and clinic are closed so the staff is a skeleton crew, it's calm and peaceful all day. They used to make individual pizzas, to order, for $1.89. I should see if they still do.....plus, our hospital has the best salad bar in town.....okay, now I want to go there for lunch tomorrow, LOL ~

Lynda said...

I think it's wonderful that hospitals are giving their environment better aesthetics. And it's always nice to be able to be re-energized without spending much money!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You do have quite a beautiful place there to get away. It's not often you can find an oasis like that in a hospital.

Angela said...

I would have never thought of that. Genius!

jack69 said...

It is nice to have 'the place' to relax.

I found the coffee shop was the place at the hospital in Ypsi, while our extended stay with Sherry's brother.

Beautiful photo's..
((HUGS)) from North Carolina...

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
What a nice place this is to go to for the people who have their loved ones in the hospital. Although I don't think I would choose it myself, as I have seen my share of hospitals in the last years with my father, mother, brother, nephew. I try to stay away from them as much as I can.

Hugs to you on this Wednesday morning.

~Sheri

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a lovely hospital. I've never thought of going there for lunch. I live right across the street from our hospital but have never been inside it. Think I'll have to check it out.

Lisa said...

Our hospital is also full of beautiful art inside and fountains outside with a nice patio at the cafeteria. I have gone to the hospital JUST TO EAT before. LOL.

Lucy said...

I expect the hospital is not short on money to pay for those beautiful pieces. A valet, at a hospital????? I don't think any of our hospitals have a valet.

TARYTERRE said...

Yes we really have a valet at the hospital. Service is provided free of charge. But I usually just park and walk myself.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds peaceful...enjoy!

Rose said...

Great photos. Great place to relax and enjoy lunch.

Hugs, Rose

Ellen in Oregon said...

What a nice place to take yourself out to eat. The price is right & the artwork is wonderful. It is certainly like nothing I have seen in any hospital before. Not worth the price of being admitted for an illness, but well worth a visit for lunch, a look-see and then down the block to return home.

Nelle said...

My hospital I go to in NJ is wonderful. When I went on Wednesday to get my tube care I visited the coffee shop, gift shop and sat in the serene lobby for awhile. It actually feels like my home away from home!