Tuesday, April 23, 2013

LATE NIGHT TV & THE HOSE

 
A sucker is born every minute.  I admit it. I might be one. I have been up in the wee hours of the morning watching television commercials. And I found one that caught my fancy. It's about a 50 ft. hose that can fit in the palm of your hand and unfurls when the water shoots through it like a fire hose does. Then it shrinks back down when you turn it off.  The old fashioned rubber hoses have given my husband and I a fit throughout the years. Lugging those things across the grass are a real pain. They are heavy, they crimp,  kink, get dried out, tangled up frustrating us trying to do yard work. This new fangled POCKET HOSE as it's called looked simpler. I believed the hype the TV pitchman was spewing.  So I bit the forbidden late night fruit and bought one. But instead of calling up and getting  the special tv offer... we bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were the only place that had one at the time. Now, a few weeks later... everybody else does too. Funny thing is though... with all the freezing cold weather, we haven't had a chance to connect it to the outside faucet, yet. So... we don't know if it works or not??? I read one blogger who swears by this hose. Says it was the best investment she made. I'm going to take that at face value. What about you?  Do you have a Pocket Hose?


16 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

No, but I have seen on on tv - let me know if it works. sandie

Jon said...

I've seen that commercial on TV and it's very tempting. Be sure to give us a review after you have a chance to use it.

On Monday it was 90 degrees and I was outside washing my truck and struggling with my ancient rubber hose. It's dirty and tangled and heavy and a complete mess.
If the "pocket" hose is any good I'll get one.

By the way, tonight the temperature has dropped back down into the 20's.

RoeH said...

I have one and I love it!! Sooo much easier to use.

Lori said...

I've seen that commercial, and if it works I'd love to have one. Let us know if it does!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with you about hoses, they are not easy to lug around. Mine is still in the garage where I put it for the winter. Hopefully it will soon be warm enough for you to try the pocket hose out. I'll be looking to see how it works. What a great idea.

linda eller said...

I want one too!

jack69 said...

Hahahahahahaha I am in the boat with you. Mine is still under the motor home and never hooked up.(YET). It is not good for the motor home water supply, but should assist in the washing THERE OF! If I ever get the weather to wash, I will let you know. haha. Nice to share the boat. LOL

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am sucker #2! i bought one as soon as i saw it. i paid 19.99. i have not tried it yet but will this weekend. if it works, i might never go back to the regular ones.

Ellen in Oregon said...

It was hooked on that QVC one year and bought the craziest things at 3 AM. Could not even remember ordering things half-asleep until the boxes arrived. So, no, I do not buy things off TV anymore.
Now I am hooked on Ebay, but I do not make purchases when I am not thinking rationally. Ebay sells all the infomercial products usually at lower prices.
My track record with As Seen on TV products is not so great. Bought the PEDS Egg for removing calluses on my feet and it did nothing I could see to make the clauses disappear. Bought a dryer lint cleaner and it was no better than my vacuum attachment, but it removed a nice chunk of my finger when I was trying to assemble it.
I hope you have better success with your Pocket Hose. I go with that saying "If it sounds too good to be true", but statistically I wouldn't think they would all be duds....would they?
Hope your weather warms up soon. 75 degrees here & sunny today. The allergy drugs are sellin like hotcakes.

Pam said...

I looked at those today!!!! I'll wait until you plug it in (or screw it on) to see how you like it. It just seems to good to be true!

Forty Pound Sack said...

No, but I WANT ONE!!! Please let us know if it really works.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Can't wait to see if you like it. I have to lug heavy hoses around to water all my potted flowers. It's getting to be a bigger chore every year. I've seen these and wondered if they work!

Rose said...

Let me know how it works! I live in a condo and have little use for one but really curious if it works well.

I too watch TV in the wee hours watching all the informercials.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i used mine for the first time today and it was excellent! i hope it holds up and i will post it! magic!

TARYTERRE said...

Thanks for letting me know. I can't wait to use mine.

Lucy said...

Jean got one and she barely got to use it before her life was upended by a family crisis. She seemed to like it, what little she used it I am thinking of getting one but my ubby is so old fashioned he won't use it.